Enhanced Biosecurity Training
The enhanced biosecurity plan can only work if EVERYONE on the operation follows it ALL of the time, which requires training. The following videos and resources provide essential personnel with some of the information they need to be part of the herd health protection team. Do not forget to document all training (visit Forms page).
Biosecurity Training Videos
- Enhancing Biosecurity Against Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD): watch (5 min) | download (167 mb)
- Do Not Bring Disease to the Operation (coming soon)
Setting Up and Operating a Cleaning and Disinfection Station
Funded by Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS)
Produced by the Center for Food Security and Public Health and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Setting Up and Operating a Cleaning and Disinfection (C&D) Station watch (16 min) | handout
- The steps in the video apply to infected (biocontainment) and non-infected (biosecurity) livestock farms
- Supply List for Temporary Cleaning and Disinfection (C&D) Station handout
- Resources for Establishing Cleaning and Disinfection (C&D) Stations handout
Download and print these full color 8.5″ by 11″ signs for use on the beef operation.
- Do Not Enter – Cross only at Biosecure Entry Point: English/Spanish
- Biosecure Entry Ahead: English I Spanish
- Stop – Biosecure Entry Ahead: English I Spanish
Download and print these full color 11″ by 17″ posters for use on the beef operation.