Foot and Mouth Disease Resources
FMD Quick Information
- Handout (1 page): English
- Factsheet (9 pages): English | Spanish
- USDA Quick Briefing (13 pages): English
- Website: FootAndMouthDiseaseInfo.org
USDA APHIS Resources
- USDA-APHIS FMD website
- FMD Response Plan “The Red Book” (September 2014)
- EPA-registered Disinfectants for FADs
- FAD PReP website (Foreign Animal Disease Preparedness and Response Plan)
- FAD PReP/NAHEMS Guidelines: Appendix A: Vaccination for Foot-and-Mouth Disease describes the disease-specific strategies and general considerations related to the use of vaccine as an aid to control an outbreak of FMD in the U.S.
- FAD PReP Beef Industry Manual provides a broad overview of U.S. beef feedlot production methods and the procedures that may be used in the event of a highly contagious FAD outbreak.
- FAD PReP Cow-Calf Industry Manual provides a broad overview of U.S. cow-calf operations and the procedures that may be used in the event of a highly contagious FAD outbreak.
Center for Food Security and Public Health (CFSPH), Iowa State University Resources
- CFSPH FMD website includes FMD fact sheets, disease images, a PowerPoint presentation, vaccination guidelines, and many other resources
- Classification of Phases and Types of an FMD Disease Outbreak and Response aids rapid decision making to facilitate response planning and development of business continuity plans in the event of an FMD outbreak in the U.S. or North America.
- FMD Pocket Guide: Cattle and Wall Chart
- FMD Vaccine Surge Capacity for Emergency Use in the U.S. reviews the challenges of controlling FMD in the U.S. and provides potential solutions to meet the surge capacity need for FMD vaccine in an extensive outbreak.
- OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Code, FMD provides an overview of FMD and highlights diagnostic tests available.
- OIE World Organisation for Animal Health FMD Information provides access to the List of OIE Member Countries officially recognized free from foot and mouth disease (FMD) by the OIE.